Double sheet detector problem

Discussion in '4-Color Offset Presses +' started by Lester Allen, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Lester Allen

Lester Allen Member

I run a 2001 cptronic Heidelberg SM74 29inch speed master. Press reads a double sheet when there is only one sheet at head stops. Press was running fine till I powered it off to take care of another issue not related to this. Switched side guides and I get the same problem on both sideguides. I Change paper thickness to a much higher setting and still get a double sheet reading. Both electronic eyes seem to be reading the sheet just fine. I'm not sure if the same eyes that Read late and early sheet also read a double detection. If they do they are reading early and late just fine on both. Any suggestions? Also had a double sheet symbol with the number 2 and a upside down lollipop symbol at the console.

2. turbotom1052

turbotom1052 Senior Member

try cleaning the eyes?

Andrei83 and george ogwayo like this.
  3. junker1984

junker1984 Senior Member

Double sheet sensors are under the side guide. Adjustments are factory set.

4. Lester Allen

Lester Allen Member

Looks like the black box that the 2 eyes are plugged into needs replaced plus the 2 eyes on the pull lays. The symbol I was talking about means the 2nd double sheet detection system is malfunctioning. From what I was told. On this press it can't be turned off and just use the mechanical one right in front of feeder table. Bad design. Thank you for the replies.

5. Lopez Jaena

Lopez Jaena Member

You can disable the dsd on both side guides. AND It is possible to enable just your mechanical dsd, if you know how to get into the Cptronic.

6. Lester Allen

Lester Allen Member

This is a 2001 SM74 29 inch 4 Color Heidelberg Press with compact cptronic display. I was told by several Mechanics on this particular model you couldn't do it. Which doesn't make sense to me. I sure would like to know where you can disable both sensors in case this happens again.

7. Lopez Jaena

Lopez Jaena Member

Done that before with both modular and compact models.