Double Sheet controller problems????

Discussion in 'KBA Printing Presses' started by 9ckba, Jan 11, 2010.

1. 9ckba

9ckba Member

Seems that periodically the double sheet checking unit not set runs the press out. Usually happens with foil sheets. anyone have the same issues??? Ra 105 sheet fed.

2. kfink5

kfink5 New Member

usually if i have trouble with the double sheet - on the press we have two different sensors we can select from at the computer. or it could be your amplifier but i doubt it if your only having problems with foil sheets. are u using a capacitive sensor if not u might look into it.

3. 9ckba

9ckba Member

We switch the eye from capactive to ultrasound and it still has issues. Mostly happens with foil, we already ordered and installed the amplifier, but the problem still happens, seems less often now.

4. kfink5

kfink5 New Member

do u have mechanical doubles on ur press. that helps when our amplifier goes out and we have to switch it off in commissioning mode on the console. other than that you might have to call kba during the day and talk to Marcus he's helped me out really well and he's pretty easy to understand.

5. Welshprinter

Welshprinter Member

I know that on the Komori we switch our double sheet sensor off and use the manual sensor at the top of the stack.

6. LarryGC

LarryGC Member

Try clearing the memory of the double sheet detector. Hold set button until it flashes and then goes out. Then push again to turn on. It's been a bit. We had a problem with our 162 and 18pt foil. It would run all others no issue but not 18pt