Dollar Green CMYK?

Discussion in 'Color Management' started by iaw4, Sep 15, 2011.

1. iaw4

iaw4 New Member

Dear Experts---I am a casual user of printing services, not a printer. on top of this, I am color weak.

I am trying to figure out what CMYK color approximates the green on the US dollar the best. (also, if you have a Pantone color, it would be nice to know, though I can only work with CMYK in my program.) of course, I don't have a colorimeter, so I cannot easily determine this.

I am not trying to print dollars. I am writing a textbook on finance, and would like to color the cover in dollar green...

/iaw

2. vividred

vividred Member

Try starting with CMYK 29, 0, 46, 27
    May be a bit light

3. iaw4

iaw4 New Member

dear vivid-red---should I ask vivid-green instead? ;-) sorry, I couldn't control myself.

is this just a guess or did you actually compare the dollar bill to the color?

best,

/iaw

4. richardcliffe

richardcliffe Member

why not try using high quality printer and keep printing and making small amendments until the colour looks correct. If your still really stuck my graphics department could easily sort this out.

5. iaw4

iaw4 New Member

it would be great if you could lend me a hand (well, eye) here. the best I have come up with is cmyk=(0.2,0.0.139,0.549). beyond this, my limited color vision and non-calibrated equipment leave me in the lurch.

best,

/iaw