Docucolor 242 colour calibration strip

Discussion in 'Xerox Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by Sharpe Image, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Sharpe Image

Sharpe Image Member

Hi does anyone have a Docucolor 242 colour calibration strip or know where I can get one from.
    Cheers Dan

2. Jeff

Jeff Senior Member

Does it have the bustled Fiery RIP (mounted on the back of the machine) or a different RIP? (tower Fiery or CREO?)

Does it have a separate Densitometer with the RIP?

If lacking a densitometer device, the most basic is using the machine's scanner to do a colorcal calibration off the glass.
    If I remember correctly our 242 calibrated the scanner using the Kodak Color Separation Guide and Gray Scale (Q-13, 8" Long) MFR # 1527654 (I believe this is correct but should check to be 100% sure.) Then you can run a full auto gradiation adjustment from the touchscreen of the machine itself. Then I would use command workstation to color calibrate the Fiery by printing a calibration page and scanning it and applying the calibration from command workstation. (Can also do from the control panel, but for some reason when I did it from the touchscreen it always applied to all media on ours whereas from command workstation I could calibrate for only coated or only heavy or only plain and not change the other calibrations.)

3. Sharpe Image

Sharpe Image Member

Hi Jeff
    It has the bustled fiery RIP, I don't have a separate densitometer. Yeah that's what i meant the kodak strip. Do you know where i can get one from.
    Cheers Dan

4. Jeff

Jeff Senior Member

It costs $35-40 at B&H and a few other stores if you google it which seems pricey for two color strips but I don't know of a cheap source off hand. Every machine comes with only one and they are easy to lose.