Distorted watermark & graphic elements Windows 10.

Discussion in 'Layout, graphics, and prepress Software' started by danmitch1, Aug 25, 2020.

1. danmitch1

danmitch1 New Member

Hi, First time post here! (not sure this is the most appropriate section for this )

Recently we had to switch our workstations to Windows 10 at the office. The transition has introduced some obstacles.. one being that we needed to upgrade our graphic and document processing software.

One of our clients requires us to apply a watermark to their documents. We have been using Adobe acrobat pro 9 until upgrading to acrobat pro DC to apply these to their documents.

The problem is the graphic elements that intersect the applied watermark get distorted.
    The new version of acrobat isn't the issue though as the file generated from the new version of acrobat prints correctly on windows 7.

On windows 10, ripping to the same system and printer does not look great..
    We are printing to a Ricoh pro c751 ex with a fiery controller.

Its a bit difficult to see, but ive highlighted in yellow the distortion im experiencing
    [​IMG]
    Those border lines come out crisp on our windows 7 machine.

Troubleshooting ive tried so far include:
    Matching the driver used on the windows 7
    Matching the printing preferences in fiery
    Matching every adobe setting I can find.
    I noticed that even though I match the same driver, its not completely the same, see image below.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I would simply continue using the windows 7 machine to print but our head office is not permitting the use of any windows 7 machine and is asking us to return them...

Any help or insight on this matter will be greatly appreciated !

Thanks,

Dan.

2. danmitch1

danmitch1 New Member

Hmm, If I manually flatten the document in acrobat pro dc and set the raster-vector balance to 0 from 100 before ripping it, it solves the problem. Seems that adobe acrobat pro DC default flattening must be the issue. Now to see if I can change that default setting.