Direct Mail

Discussion in 'Mailing & Distribution' started by PresortDirect, Oct 10, 2009.

Tags:
  1. PresortDirect

PresortDirect New Member

Hey, everybody. I have some questions for the whole group.

Of all the things that you print, how much of it is intended to be mailed out? Do you do your own mailings, or are you printing for other mailers? If the latter, are you at all interested in bringing that mailing money back in-house, or do you just want to stick to your core business? In the current economic slump, which facet of your business has suffered the most?

The reason I ask is that I have a company who provides data automation services to printers who want to do their own mailings, but don't know enough about all the post office rules and regulations. I'd be very much interested in talking about these questions with you all.

2. cristina5448

cristina5448 New Member

Direct Mail has been one of the best lead generation tools for decades and will continue to be for quite sometime. The makrets are down, we all know this, the compainies that keep mailing by refusing to shrink their budgets will come out on the other side of this way ahead of the competition. There's less mail being delivered now which gives those still mailing a far greater chance of having their mail piece read.

3. printin

printin New Member

I'm glad to be here and looking forward to making some more print savvy friends and even get some advice for the printing business I am starting on my own in Indy. Quick question while I am here. I need to get my businesses name out there into the public but since my printing shop is so new, I don't have the tools I need yet to create a mass mailer. So, unfortunately I'm going to have to hire another company to print my mailers. Has anyone ever gone through this direct mail place? Let me know if you have any experiences with them. Just looking for some credible advice. Thanks a lot.

4. vividred

vividred Member

PostcardMania's price of 5 cents per piece to inkjet on your excel or other list is reasonable given the savings of 23 cents merged and using their bulk automation vs. 29 cents to stamp yourself. However, their base rate for postcard printing is 3x to 4x what other trade printers in the market are charging.

5. garry

garry Member

Direct Mailing was a great factor in our success this year!

6. printchesco

printchesco Member

Doing the mailings in-house can consume too much time and effort. It would be practical to get the services of a mailing service and focus more on core business activities.