Digital printing machine for newspaper?

Discussion in 'Print Community General Printing Discussion' started by delpiero87, Apr 25, 2016.

1. delpiero87

delpiero87 New Member

Hello,

my company is looking into buying a digital printing machine. We aim to print our newspaper on a daily basis. The size of the paper is nowadays 290mmx420mm, but we are willing to change to SRA3 (450mm x 320mm). We will have at least 100800 b/w and 33600 col. copies per month and we want the machine to perform, if it is possible, 4800 b/w and 1600 col copies in 8 hrs per day at most. We also prefer to include a finisher.

We 've made our research and the suggestions so far are the Xerox C60BR and the bizhub press C1085. Are they worthy? Ι' ve heard controversial things about the Xerox... Do you have something else to suggest?

Thanks in advance!

2. kingpd@businessprints.net

kingpd@businessprints.net Senior Member

Have you checked into any roll feed options? Kodak, Fujifilm, and I think a few others offer inkjet based roll to roll print options.

This would let you do color less expensively, print on wider formats, do variable data if needed, and let you save on paper costs.

I'd check them all out, run real print samples and get all the contract/pricing upfront so you know what you'd be getting into with each machine. Service would be important to as I'd imaging you'd have deadlines and if you need a part, etc.