Digital Press For Newspaper and Newsletters

Discussion in 'Xerox iGen3, iGen4, & iGen5 Digital Presses' started by Jacob Curtis, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Jacob Curtis

Jacob Curtis New Member

We are a business that has been doing the media side of print work for a while now and are looking to expand into the printing side. From my research, it seems that a digital web-fed press fits our needs, but we are looking for one that can work with media from brochures to newspaper sizes. Can people offer any suggestions on models or brands? Any help is greatly appreciated!

2. peels

peels tree killer :)

I am Unfamiliar with IGEN being used as a web fed? if it is, its max width is only 14" and would deliver cut sheets.... LOL

did you mean to put this in Igen sub forum?

only COLOR digital WEB I have experience with is Xerox Ci-press.

3. HOP.guru

HOP.guru Member

I know old post

I saw an iGen with a web feeder when I was getting trained in Webster, it was an iGen3. But if you want duplex iGen, with web you'll need two iGen's inline and a flip over thingy in between and you can have a web takeup on the exit end. There is a Xerox Trivor and Realto that are web fed inkjet printers, albeit smaller width. Decent print quality for newspapers and such. If I remember correctly it duplexes in the machine and I have seen the Realto in with CPBourg Finisher that handles trimming and folding at the Chicago Print Show a couple years back.

HP Indigo has models that are web fed as well.

As with any digital press, max width is always a concern.