DI not imaging on unit #2

Discussion in 'DI Presses' started by kristianeyman, Mar 28, 2017.

1. kristianeyman

kristianeyman Senior Member

Good evening all!

i am having the problem that some have had in the past of "loss of enable burn unit". it was intermittent the past week, but then today it will not image at all on unit #2. i can image on all the other 3 units without problems, i have also shaped out the logic boards thinking that the problem would follow...no dice. i have checked the backboard and re-seated the J1J plug. i have checked the connections going to the head and everything is well connected. i am at a loss here as i have gone through all the advice that corresponds with this problem on the various boards...is there anything that i am overlooking? btw its a classic model

2. Paul Cavanaugh

Paul Cavanaugh Senior Member

It can also be that a safety is intermittently tripping. The one that does it the most is the delivery overshoot switch. The grippers bars hit it during imaging when the chains are worn. It barely trips the sensor just enough to shut the lasers down, but not long enough to trigger an error code.

The other one that does it is the one for the door over the feeder on the Classic and Plus machines. Because this door gets slammed shut all the time it knocks the proximity safety away from the door. When the press vibrates during imaging, it disconnects enough to shut the lasers down and like the delivery, not long enough to throw an error code.

Lastly, the round proximity safeties on the doors on the catwalk side of the press by units 2 - 4 are an issue. Few people use the 6mm t-handle to lock both hasps on the top of the doors. Typically, they only lock the one nearest to where both doors close. Over time this starts to actually bend the clasp that the door hook locks into. This causes the door to not close properly and increases the gap between the two safety sensors. Once again during imaging the vibration of the machine causes the safety circuit to break causing the lasers to shut down and not throw an error code.