DI Classic will not turn over

Discussion in 'DI Presses' started by sartois, Jul 20, 2011.

1. sartois

sartois Member

Seems as if the clutch is locked. Press will not turn over when I push the inching or run buttons. Problem started with "Loss of burn enable unit 3" problem. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

2. jan

jan Senior Member

look in the error list (SF 56, or SF62). If you will find 15-01 error and the spanner symbol on the panel, it would mean
    your BLT has a problem (fuse) or is broken.
    If you still can inch backwards, but not forwards, I will tell you a very funny reason for it, that has costed me once, a few hours of serching for the cause.
    Jan

3. sartois

sartois Member

Jan, the machine is not giving any error codes whatsoever. Sometimes it will turn over when I inch the press forward or backward and when I push the "run" button but, most of the time it will not turn over. It always does this when I try to image a plate. The process will initiate but then it will stop before it starts the image process.

4. jan

jan Senior Member

If it happen only before imaging the plate, try to make new plates unit by unit, to see which one is broken.
    Or you could check it as well in Info screen in "S" screen.
    Probably your power supply for the laser head is close to be out of service, or one of your laser drive moduls is defective.

5. sartois

sartois Member

I rechecked and found error 15-01 when I looked at SF62.

6. sartois

sartois Member

Jan. does this mean that the problem is in the BLT? Do you mind telling me the "funny reason" you encountered with your problem? What was the cause?

7. jan

jan Senior Member

Yes, it's the main motor drive, controlled by MRK and BLT, but if it is only temporary, (not in 56 but in 62), it will be difficult to find. I would observe (registry) the DC power supply of the BLT.
    Funny reason has nothing to do with your problem, it was mechanical one and was preventing press to run or inch forwards but not backwards.

8. sartois

sartois Member

Thank you Jan.

9. qmdipress

qmdipress Senior Member

Jan
    I agree with you. If it stops before it starts to image it for sure power supply. As far as not inching or moving could be 2 different problems BLT.
    Is this a new install?
    QMDIPRESS.COM
    Parts,plates and service
    Anthony Tatulli