1. The Color Printing Forum Marketplace Forums can be useful for members who know one another well from forum discussions and offline communications and wish to post presses, equipment, or parts they either want or have for sale or trade. However, caution and good judgement should always be used. Especially when considering any business with anyone not already well known to you and trusted, due diligence must be used to confirm details and identity and be sure the transaction is safe before any money or property changes hands. Always use good judgement and perform due dilligence and follow these guidelines.

Densitometer Information before Purchase

Discussion in 'Prepress Equipment for sale' started by agreer, Nov 15, 2010.

1. agreer

agreer New Member

I need to buy a new densitometer - our Tobias IQ200 finally died. We need basic spot and process ink density readings (for use with Heidelberg GTO 46s - 1 and 2 color) and have a small budget for a used densitometer that will last. I've been looking at the following...can anyone comment on them and which they prefer? I really appreciate it!
    • Gretag D19C Reflection Densitometer (or D19C 47 B/P model...dunno the difference)
    • Techkon SpectroDens Basic (new I know this one's really expensive)
    • X-Rite 500 series SpectroDensitometer (508, 518, etc.)
    Thanks again!

2. agreer

agreer New Member

If you have one I haven't listed that you can't live without, please do tell!

3. ndprinting

ndprinting Member