Dell LCD Monitor repair? (3007 flatscreen)

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware, Networking, and Connectivity' started by Jeff, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Jeff

Jeff Senior Member

I have a 30" Dell Flatscreen 3007WFP-HC that just went black while I was working - no picture. I connected it to a computer with an EVGA GeForce video card and one with an ATI video card that also worked fine with this monitor before, and the same thing so it's the monitor.

Now if I power on the monitor with nothing connected the power light is normal, but as soon as a DVI signal is connected to it from either video card the monitor power light goes orange and no video.

Is there any company that repairs Dell LCD monitors?

It's out of warranty and Dell doesn't repair monitors - they only replace them under warranty.

2. xfactor printing

xfactor printing Senior Member

3. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

Keep your eye on ebay - if one with broken screen comes up.... or dead pixels... I have repaired my own monitors on few occasions - pop the back panel open, look if any capacitors bubbled up or actually leaking, order new, re-solder... 30 min-1 hr max, $10 or less, you're done. Electronics was my hobby since I was like 9, I added car mechanic skills in my teens while overhauling engines with my father than 17 years as copier/printer service engineer and last 8 years as printshop owner. Ok - I am showing off , i will stop now.
    Any case - first thing I'd do - check ebay.

4. Jeff

Jeff Senior Member

Well, I never had time to fix it, so I ended up selling mine on ebay "for parts or not working". The person who bought it posted in the feedback that it was an easy fix and they already got it up and running. Thanks very much for the lead anyway. If I had less work I would have taken a shot at it.