Delivery Transfer issue

Discussion in 'Komori Printing Presses' started by KGM, Nov 8, 2014.

1. KGM

KGM Senior Member

Hello all.
    My press is a Komori Lithrone 26 (1984).
    Recently been having problems with sheets dropping from the delivery transfer grippers especially on high coverage jobs. they tend to stick to the 4th unit blanket and cause all sorts of problems. took a look and many of them are worn and brittle.
    i found a few replacements and my boss bought some newer metal ones with a polyeurathane tip. i presume the newer ones are for newer lithrone models.
    claw stand.jpg grippers.jpg

i fitted a few and i am having a problem with the height. when the transfer grippers take the sheet from the impression cylinder it tends to crimp the sheet or miss completely. the sheet isnt going in enough to grip securely. the ones on the press are almost worn away so i cant get away with it much longer.
    any ideas where i go from here. have no problem buying 700 claw stands but getting them to work properly is the thing
    Thanks

2. lwhiskars

lwhiskars Member

Hello KGM , If I am thinking correctly you might need to re adjust the grippers, if you have operator manual look up setting grippers, there is a cam block that has to be installed on operator side (just for adjusting grippers) that holds the gripper fingers cam follower/bearing to the correct height, then you use a feeler gauge to set opening gap for each finger then remove cam block. The other cylinders use 2 feeler gauges, 1 to hold them open under (in your Picture of cylinder gripper bar at the bottom of the picture the triangle shaped block) the other to set each finger to get them all the same setting, also how far the finger goes past the gripper pad/base. Check your manual to make sure I'm right?

I hope this is helpful Ken D.

3. KGM

KGM Senior Member

Thanks lwhiskars, i have decided to replace all 70 claw stands. expensive but it has to be done. They are only going to get worse and havent been changed since i have been on the press so its overdue.