delivery suction wheel

Discussion in 'Komori Printing Presses' started by glenn lamarche, May 6, 2014.

1. glenn lamarche

glenn lamarche Member

Hi there i am having a problem with my delivery suction wheel .The one on the gear side does not have the suction that the other ones do. I have blown it out lots of times and it works only to stop sucking in no time . Even when i blow it out it does not have the suction the others do. i am not sure how to get into it to clean it out better there must be crap in it that biulds up faster than the rest . our press is Komori lithrone 6 29 with coater 2007

Can any one help Glenn

2. Bill Borcicky

Bill Borcicky Senior Member

Those suction wheels will get clogged up from time to time. The suction wheels that are on the Komori I had run, would come apart when I loosened the allen screw on the side of it. Then it would slide apart into two halfs, (Not all models come apart that way.) If you can't find out how your model comes apart, I would suggest blowing it out on the top side. that is where your suction slot is in the pipe. also I would check to see if there is a plug on the end of the pipe. some models the end of the pipe can be accessed where you can run a round pipe brush through it to clean it . spray powder builds up inside the pipe neer the suction wheels anytime there may be a little dampness in the air. (or have another pressman who tries to oil them from the top side) .

3. glenn lamarche

glenn lamarche Member

Thanks I will check it out I am wondering now that this is my problem with running long grain stock and it not delivering right

thanks again Glenn