Delivery pile SORMZ is going down fast

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by Ray, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Ray

Ray Member

My SORMZ delivery pile is going down fast.

The delivery pile is supposed to go downward as much as the feeder pile go upwards.
    In this case, the delivery pile is going down much more than the feeder pile. That always happens in the beginning of the printing process. (when the delivery pile is still in the uppest position.)
    When the delivery pile has gone down for about half way down, the delivery pile runs stable again. So we have to keep on pressing the "delivery pile up" button until the delivery pile has reached halfway down.

Can anybody give me any advice what should I do?

2. mqgpress

mqgpress Senior Member

Hi Ray - Depending on the stock thickness you are running, the delivery pile should lower about every 5-7 times the feeder pile raises, dicatated by the governor foot on the suction head. The delivery pile motor is energized by roller microswitch that reads the movement of the feeder chain, that switch is in a black housing mounted under the gear side cover of the feeder. Once the delivery has started making it's downward motion, that motion is controlled by a star cam attached to the delivery pile elevator shaft under the operator side cover, either of these switches could be causing your problems with the delivery pile. Good Luck, Steve

3. Ray

Ray Member

Steve.
    Thank you for your advice. The press is running well now. I am very glad as your advice is very helpful.

Thank you Steve..