Delivery Issue XL105

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by mrheidelberg, Feb 14, 2015.

1. mrheidelberg

mrheidelberg Senior Member

Working on an XL105, the delivery does NOT have a non stop facility, if the machine is say running on idle at 3000 or doing a blanket wash and I want to remove the pile from the delivery, I would press the pile exit button (bottom of the 2 buttons) the display light stays green and does NOT turn orange and obviously when the pile is moved and trips the light barriers the press stops.
    My question is on a machine WITHOUT a non stop is this pile exit button disabled or is there a fault with the machine electrics, (the 3 separate displays all work this way). The top button that turns the light from green to orange works fine if doing something on the top section of the pile.
    Thanks.

2. Steve F

Steve F Member

The pile exit button works on both versions.
    Does the main wallscreen display show main delivery pile at bottom, when it's fully lowered?
    Check the underneath of the delivery table is clean as any bits of rubbish stuck to it will stop it laying perfectly flush on the floor.

3. Mathew

Mathew Senior Member

Hi,
    In addition to Steve's instruction, you need to check two ultra sonic sensors which are called "Frontal and Lateral distance movement detectors". These two sensors B1 or B2 senses when the operator removes the full pile from delivery. When the pile has been placed on the floor, the ultrasonic
    sensors must determine the distance to the pile before the pile leaves the delivery (teach-in process). This distance serves as reference value.
    Pile exit is split into different phases. First of all the operator must lower the pile to the floor. The pile exit phases start when the operator presses the DWBA-Pile Exit button on the desired pile removal side. For deliveries which are not in non-stop mode/do not have a non-stop device, the pile exit consists of 3 phases, and for deliveries which are in non-stop mode it consists of 2 phases.

Check this procedure and come back to us.

Good luck,

4. mrheidelberg

Thanks for the info guys, I will check on Tuesday when I am next in there.

5. exheidmech

exheidmech Senior Member

A machine without non stop the machine does not have the capability to remove the delivery pile during washup. Reason, on machine WITH nonstop the rake is fully inserted into the raking postion protecting the operator from the moving gripper bars during washup. Machines without nonstop have no protection against delivery gripper bars while in washup mode therefore you cannont remove the delivery pile without tripping the DWBA sensors.

6. bcritter

bcritter New Member

exheidmech,

I am new to the forum, and didn't know how to contact you. I notice you may have service manuals. I am in need of a service manual for a Quickmaster 46-2. Sorry if this messes up the thread, but I didn't know how else to send you a message! My email is bcritter@aol.com. Please let me know if you have one, or where in the world I might find one!

Thanks in advance,

Benny Crittendon

7. mrheidelberg

Does that apply also if the machine is just on tick over after say running a pile ?

8. exheidmech

exheidmech Senior Member

Not sure exactly what your asking, but any movement of the machine will be stopped if a pile is removed from the press. The DWBA sensors are just like an estop.

9. gotaf7

gotaf7 Member

I run a XL105 without non stop delivery and we have no issues pulling pile out while washing blankets, idling etc. only time we have an issue is if you don't lower pile all the way. Push the bottom DWBA button light goes yellow pull out pile.

10. mrheidelberg

It was an issue with the delivery concrete base having a slight slope on it not allowing the delivery table to register its bottom position, thanks everyone.