Deletions!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Xerox iGen3, iGen4, & iGen5 Digital Presses' started by peels, Jun 27, 2013.

1. peels

peels tree killer :)

oh man this is annoying!

70# gloss text. i can actually see this "warp" as it goes under the belt. causing these deletions. driving me bonkers! nothing weird about the paper, used it before. oh its doing it on 80# as well.

any thoughts....workarounds, fixes, modifications?

[​IMG]

2. RMiGen

RMiGen Senior Member

Is this the first sheet? Is it scraping post transfer or is it not transferring at all?

May be a media setting? Almost looks like damaged media to me.

3. richman

richman Senior Member

Yeah the paper is definitely bad. Maybe it's getting damaged in the machine prior to transfer, not sure how though. Cool! Good luck with that ;)

4. MarkD

MarkD Senior Member

Turn off/unplug the heater for the air knife in the tray - white 2 pin plug/socket towards the front on the right hand side of the tray. Goes to the vertical black air duct

--
    Mark

5. peels

does it consistently. actually distorts the paper as it hits the first set of vacuum transport belts. I got around it by cutting 11.5 x17 paper down to letter, running it short edge feed and printing double.

you can see it start to exit the transfer area, start printing ok, but as the sheet moves along, the paper "warps" like the vacuum is pulling it down too hard.....almost creasing. I have trouble with wrinkles at the fuser as well....

it is paper I used before. I am attributing alot of this to the amazon-jungle-like humidity we are seeing here in SE iowa.... :) had an ac failure over the weekend... because I only had trouble with it once, and on a much smaller scale.

:)

6. richman

richman Senior Member

Yeah it's probably the humidity changes. As MarkD suggested, you can unplug the heaters in the trays, as they can cause paper to distort much quicker. You can tell when 80# gloss text (for example) is bad, it has a bit of a "snap" to it. This can cause deletions during transfer and wrinkles during fusing. You might be able to "make it work" by playing with transfer settings (lowering them). But usually it's more work than it's worth. Bad paper is bad paper.

7. peels

woohoo for this forum! found this post and got through another small fast turn job.

i got this paper back...same thing. "70# gloss text" paper warps on the vacuum transport, like its sucking down on the paper too hard. and theres a "valley" in the paper as it comes out transfer.

anyways...this site plus you members... are just so damned helpful sometimes!

8. Milo Wilson

Milo Wilson Senior Member

What happened with the freeflow issue?

9. peels

I got it back up Friday, and canceled the 2nd level call for now. My service tech was on vaca, so I didnt wanna bug him. I HEAR the next upgrade is still in the works for me.... but unsure when...