Deletion Image Artifact

Discussion in 'Xerox iGen3, iGen4, & iGen5 Digital Presses' started by ThomiGen, Nov 30, 2011.

1. ThomiGen

ThomiGen Member

I occasionally get this deletion image artifact. Its kinda in the same area from several sheets but not exactly duplicated. It has been said that it is moisture in the paper. Would like to get more opinions. The paper is 80# Gloss Text.

Attached Files:

2. Stiv

Stiv Senior Member

Do you have the heater/blower thing turned off in the feeder? I had to have mine shut off. IDK the NVM for it though.
    Does the artifact line up with the blowers on the side of the stack?

I still get this artifact with a certain make of 80# text weight stock.

3. ThomiGen

ThomiGen Member

The rocker switches for the heaters are on, I have not checked the NVM unless my annalist did that back when we turned the switches on.
    This particular artifact is on the OB side and yes the heater seems to point that way. I will see if I can find out what the NVM is.

4. peels

peels tree killer :)

Hold sheets up to the light (before printing) Look for slight crease, or problem with the grain. I get similar ones occasionally due to nasty paper. That spot doesn't get close enough for transfer.

5. Stiv

Stiv Senior Member

For grins, tape the blower shut and see what happens.

I'm talking about the small blowers on the side of the stack not the big unit that sits on the bottom.

6. ThomiGen

ThomiGen Member

That makes sense, I does resemble a crease. I notice it more when I use left over stock that has been on the shelf for a while. Thanks to all.

7. ThomiGen

ThomiGen Member

I will try that. Thank you.

8. RMiGen

RMiGen Senior Member

Looks like damaged paper to me. Creases in the sheet cause no transfer. Creases are easier to have when you start dealing with lighter weight papers too lol.

My favorite is mishandled paper from the vendor/supplier and there is absolutely nothing I can do to get it to work.

9. peels

peels tree killer :)

I hear you-Ive got a stack of ridiculously bad MAYBE 30# smooth paper that I have to use every week(client thinks it's recycled and demands we use it). All sorts of creases, bends, folds...last but not least, IF it manages to make it through the stacker, it is carrying a really big static charge and zaps me every time LOL. It always has missing spots, but I live with it.

10. gheboy

gheboy Member

Hi,

we had that issue before and we found out it was the brand of stock we ordered plus moisture, never used that again, although we are still getting it occassionally. Try assigning 100# gloss on the tray but still using 80# to get more charge on the paper and also add more charge on that media thru nvm. btw we call it finger licking good artifacts.........

11. ThomiGen

ThomiGen Member

Wow, Thanks, I will mention not to order any plus moisture paper...ever. Got it on the adding more charge thru the nvm. Does your room AC have the humidifier device installed? Our owner did'nt spend the extra to have it....I had 20% in my room the other day and 19% inside the iGen, I am not looking forward the the next couple of months of low humidity here....I expect problems. Here's to finger licking good artifacts! lol..
    Thanks

12. Stiv

Stiv Senior Member

What NVM did you change and by how much?

13. ThomiGen

ThomiGen Member

Stiv please forgive...I haven't done anything yet, but I think what gheboy was saying was to change the Transfer A and Transfer B in Subsystem Attributes of the stock in the Media Settings.