dead stop no error code

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by 803-pp, Jan 7, 2019.

1. 803-pp

803-pp New Member

we have a 8 color heildberg speedmaster that keeps dead stopping at random with no error code. we looked at sensors and wires. There are some wires that are going to get replace. If that doesn't work is there any other input i can get?

2. turbotom1052

turbotom1052 Senior Member

Might want to check all your safety bars between cylinders. Ive seen instances when these bars come out of the press for one reason or another and then wind up being set too sensitive to the switch. Sometimes when running vibration will trip the hair trigger switch and result in a dead stop. It is possible that you will not show any error as the switch resets itself resulting in no error. If the issue happens often you can position someone to monitor either the cptronic touch screen, or the cp2000 to look for a split second flashing of the safety icons. If the problem only happens often enough to be a pain in the *** you could always go down the entire press and adjust all switches to spec.

3. 803-pp

803-pp New Member

thanks turbotom,
    only thing we didn't try on all that info was check into the sensitivity for those trip bars. well check that out as well.

4. 803-pp

803-pp New Member

each time the press does randomly stop, the history files show random faults. will a sensitive safety switch cause the random faults?

5. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi sir:
    Happy New Year:
    Have some questions:
    1) What kind of SM 74 or 102 or do you have
    2) What Cptronic modular or compact , or CPC etc do you have
    3) Has Stabilizer Voltage the machine from Heidelberg?
    4) See if the Input of the Machine and Building is Voltage above 10% or down ? Very Important !!
    5) Measure with a Good DMM like Fluke, and send me Screen Shot please, in order to Help you

6. 803-pp

803-pp New Member

we have a sm 102. cp2000
    we don't have a screen shot but Voltage been verified good.

7. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

ok sir
    But what about:
    3)Has Stabilizer Voltage the machine from Heidelberg?
    4) See if the Input of the Machine and Building is Voltage above 10% or down ? Very Important !!
    5) Measure with a Good DMM like Fluke, and send me Screen Shot please, in order to Help you.
    Screen shot is easy measure with the Multimeter or DMM and take a PICs from the Celular or Mobile, and put in computer and send me
    very important.
    However exist the possibility the Secondary of transformer can be unstable for the input transformer, by consequence the Bridge rectifer for the differents power supply in the secondary Feed the power supply in the Cp 2000 can be faulty or damaged some board of P. Supply , or Need simply Adjustment in the Primary of transformer.
    Let me know, for to indicate what steps measure with DMM or Multimeter,Oscilloscope you must do in the machine for fix it or troubleshooting-diagnostic

8. Mark777

Mark777 New Member

Sometimes ink buid up on one of the safety bars and triggers it slightly when press is on idle. Happened to me several times. No errors

9. KAB

KAB Member

This happened to me on a CD102 and it wound up being a paddle switch being set to close.[under the floor board gear side] KAB/ Hasbro/Milton/Bradley