DC700 freeflow to fiery conversion

Discussion in 'Xerox Digital Presses' started by Jolly247, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Jolly247

Jolly247 New Member

Hi guys, I am very new to this forum and the Digital Printing world. I am the owner of Xerox DC700 which I bought used for a reasonable price. The machine appears to be in good condition and the counter is at 2M impressions (total). The Machine came equipped with FreeFlow Print Server and yes everything works fine. The machine is not used for commercial printing but rather for the in-house publishing of books in up to 5 copies (sometimes less). I found it extremely difficult to find a print shop that was willing to do such a small quantity of prints and in such different sizes for a reasonable price, that we need for our use.
    As I mentioned The machine is not used commercially so a yearly subscription for freeflow is a bit problematic. The service tech who set the machine for me mentioned the option of Fiery RIP, which I have to find myself. I am searching for one for a while now but no luck and lately I found out that there are more options than I was aware of.
    Since I don't know much about the topic and I am not finding any reliable information I am politely asking you guys for any good suggestion on switching the freeflow server with Fiery RIP. I found that Fiery EFI is one option but it's really hard to find and mostly very pricy. I also found something called Fiery E10-02 and I can't find much information about the thing.
    I would like some information about which options are good for me and maybe also some ideas about switching and problems I may encounter. For now, I probably have no choice and I will have to extend the license, but in the future, I would like to avoid yearly subscriptions.
    Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions. And do take into account that I am in Europe (Slovenia to be exact) and probably all options are not available to me, and I don't know how regional thing is affecting me.
    Thanks again Jolly

2. Jolly247

Jolly247 New Member

Let me add some more information
    I am finding something called Bustled Fiery EFI RIP 097N01764 ita appears that this OK for my machine, but I can't find one available at the moment. Then I found something called Fiery E10-2 witch also appears to be OK for my machine. But as I understand E10-2 is a controller (not sure thou), and I don't know if this is OK or do I need something else with it? I found one Fiery E10-2 without cable, does this means that I can use the cable from my Freeflow server? Can I use it as a stand-alone or do I need something to connect to it. At the moment the machine is not connected to the network so I am transferring files with a USB Key. A network connection is possible in the future but not necessary.
    I am finding very little information about these things and I am hoping to find an answer here.
    I know these machines are considered to be antique and in Europe, I don't have any luck finding one, or I don't know where and what to search for. Maybe some information about where and what to look for or any basic info on how this thing actually works. I can find a lot of options for software but all without a controller.
    Hmmm.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Jolly

3. kado

kado Member

Hi Joly,
    Yes you can change your Freflow to fiery with no special way, and you can use freflow print controller cable for fiery,
    I sugest use your freeflow if your reasons is pricy for Fiery. u can find someone here for renewal the license for life time, and its worth it then buy new fiery. IMHO
    All server should be connected to network to get better performa. you can do transfer file etc then.
    700 press is great machine, if you can maximize the setting point.

I left you a PM to reach me if you need for further information bout DCP 700.

Good luck