DC250 Magenta Developer filled with toner, What to do?

Discussion in 'Xerox Digital Presses' started by afropro, Dec 29, 2012.

1. afropro

afropro Member

Hi guys, i need help, what should i do when I face this issue, i cannot print, I have changed 4 drums, and the fuser, it was printing perfect, and now I have this problem, the developer is filled with toner and it gives me less magenta color, any one can help me, how to remove this toner powder, or clean it. thank you.

Attached Files:

2. MarkD

MarkD Senior Member

The Developer drive gears have stripped. New ones are required or a new tank is needed depending on how bad the damage is. You can check by taking the tank out and looking at the gears at the back of the tank

--
    Mark

3. afropro

afropro Member

can i find to buy the gears if they are broken.

4. afropro

afropro Member

I have opened the tank, and rotated manually, the gears didn't seem worn, but the rotation was going a little bit hard, I don't know maybe because it should be rotated hard by itself or something was making it to rotate hard.
    Any suggestions what to do, I printed around 50 A3, and after that began to fill again with the toner powder?.
    I don't know what to do.

5. claudinei

claudinei Member

ola verifique se as engrenagens da caixa reveldora não estão gastas conforme informado pelo markD, caso estejam troque a caixa reveladora ou solicite o kit DEVELOPER HOUSING DRIVE GEAR REPAIR KIT DC250F, DC700, 7665F, DC500F 655N400

6. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

#1 - you can take out any other Developer unit to see how they turn
    #2 - There is a possibility that something fell in to Magenta developer unit, in this case open the cover, dump the contents on to large newspaper, spread it around and try to see if there any objects that should not be there, Try to turn DV unit without powder see how it goes. If you had found something that does not belong there - remove it, poor the powder back in to the unit and assemble.
    #3 - Best advice - have a service professional do this for you. There is a really small chance that you'd be able to order just gears if yo need them - try Partsdrop.com but I don't know if they ship International

7. xfactor printing

xfactor printing Senior Member

A xerox tech would most likely replace the whole small magenta developer assembly if the gears were found to be faulty (assuming from the way other part assemblies are troubleshooted. I've had a developer housing replaced before due to a banding issue.)

8. dino3m

dino3m Member

Empty some of the developer? toner out of the dev tank. Then calibrate the machine on a daily basis. this should or could fix your pronblem.

9. Graphic

Graphic Member

Hi,
    I have faced the same problem with my Xerox DC260.
    This problem occurred in my yellow Developer Unit.
    It took some time till we managed to locate the main problem.
    The plastic strip on the developer housing just over the magnet roller somehow snapped of and got pulled into the developer housing,
    and thus causing the gears to jam. This was stopping the flow of toner and thus causing lack of yellow in printed image and overflow of toner in the yellow housing.
    Try opening the housing and you may find something. You will need to empty the developer housing check for any faults and later return the removed developer and toner.
    Do you by any chance hear any unusual sound in the machine?

10. Xentair

Xentair Member

Last edited: Jul 17, 2014