DC250 Belt transfer Reset URGENT

Discussion in 'Xerox Digital Presses' started by afropro, Dec 18, 2012.

1. afropro

afropro Member

Hi there guys, I have removed the mechanism where transfer belt is, and i have rotated the transfer belt i have done some cleaning, but now i got the error code that i need to re position or to center the transfer belt and i don't have a clue how to find the spot where it should be centered please can someone help me how to reset the transfer belt and start working again. thank you.

2. xfactor printing

xfactor printing Senior Member

Did you remove the transfer belt itself from the ITB frame?

First try reseating everything. Make sure the transfer belt is centered as much as possible visually front to back on the ITB frame rollers (same space on both ends of each roller to frame visually.)

Make sure the small square reflective mark on the one side of the belt is clean.

I don't know whether the ADJ 9.13 Belt Edge Learn cycle requires PWS if it comes to that or whether there is a way to do it from service mode on the machine.

3. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

Yeah I am pretty much sure that on these machines PWS is required for that..

4. xfactor printing

xfactor printing Senior Member

P.S. when you say you have rotated the transfer belt, what exactly do you mean? I could be mistaken but I thought the reflective square was only on one side of the transfer belt and it has to go one way on this machine.

5. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

Wow, good one... why, in the Heaven, would you rotate the belt? If your skill are good enough to dis-assemble, pull the belt off and put everything together, you should know that home position patch is on one side only. If you turn machine "On" more that 3 times with this error, you will need a Xerox tech with PWS computer to reset it.

6. afropro

afropro Member

Well I am newly one, I have never opened the transfer belt mechanism, so i rotated manually, and i have removed it from its position, but after that I had a closer look at the manual and figure it out how to dis-assemble it, and then it was everything easy, removed it, cleaned the reflective mark, and position it its place, and after that everything works great.

7. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

Wow! I am glad everything worked out.

8. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

If you decide to dis-assemble a laser unit, it is highly recommended not to touch any mirrors :)

9. afropro

afropro Member

Thanks, because I have a big order of calendars and stuff, otherwise it would not be a good thing hehe.