DC242 - Invertor error 077-130

Discussion in 'Xerox Digital Presses' started by paul@wdpcommunications, Feb 3, 2015.

1. paul@wdpcommunications

paul@wdpcommunications Member

Hi,

Have a repeating 077-130 error, whenever duplexing attempted on DC242. No obvious physical issue, had the door and inverter sections out of machine.

Machine runs normally for single sided prints. Don't know much at all about 'other causes' of 077-130 fault - am I looking at needing to investigate more the sensor, motor, etc...? Maybe beyond me skills set. Anyone a thought about basic investigation of this fault or possible causes that could be tested for/fixed?

As usual thanks in advance for any assistance.

2. paul@wdpcommunications

UPDATE***** I have tested the inverter gate section (door) all functioning fine. Tested the sensor on way into underside of invert section, that seems fine too. Can anyone tell me could the 077-130 fault code (think this is just saying where the paper stops) be caused by the 'pinch rollers' (if that is what they are called) as the paper goes into the underside of the invert/duplex section? The rollers seem to be where the lead edge of the paper is stopping.

How can I test or fix this? Any ideas? Is it linked to the 2nd BTR? There is a toothed belt that drives the rollers, in this underside, which runs around/through the 2nd BTR... or is this way off the reported 077-130 fault error?

3. InterfaceP

InterfaceP Senior Member

Is the paper going into the inverter, or duplexing device? I have seen alot of inverter solenoid go out.

4. paul@wdpcommunications

Hi, the paper comes down the inverter section (door) after first side printed and when going back up into the underneath part of duplex section (under fuser), that is where it stops. As if the leading edge has just reached the first two rollers in the underneath duplex path... tried to attach an image, but can't get it to attach.

Any ideas?

5. xtrain

xtrain Previous User

My PWS EDOC says check duplex out sensor and actuator, inverter motor running, duplex motor running, duplex out rollers turning, drive gears not damaged.

6. adriansto

adriansto Senior Member

First check duplex motor for running in dc330 with 77-018 code and observe if the duplex belt is turning on.
    You can use your hand to check if the belt is moving without a lot of effort. The belt drive the pulleys which drive the rollers shaft and there are one way bearings. Check and clean all bearings from duplex transport, check the tension on the belt.