DC240 Does Not Print

Discussion in 'Xerox Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by homeboy, Mar 26, 2010.

1. homeboy

homeboy Member

We have a DC12/X12 with CWS4 on 2 computer on our network. We just got a used DC240/EXP250. Xerox is coming out to check out the machine prior to a service contract but I want use it now. Everything powers up and it makes copies. I installed the driver from xerox.com on one of our computers and used to TCP/IP address on the start-up sheet from the DC240. However it does not print. The file does not show up on the EXP250's screen. The network on the EXP240 says WORKGROUP and does not appear on our network. Am I supposed to change to to our network name? Anything else I should be doing?

2. homeboy

homeboy Member

Problem solved.

3. copy 7

copy 7 Member

Glad you solved it.

For curiosity, was it a driver issue? Connectivity between the EXP250 rip and the main body? Or something else?

4. homeboy

homeboy Member

A relatively minor issue, but huge if you don't know networking. I entered the IP address that the config page spit out, but the third set of digits didn't match the third set of digits in my network. In my case this third set of digits was a single digit, i.e., 0. It was 2 from the previous owner. I changed 2 to 0 in several places and it printed just fine.