Dc240 - Docucolor 240 with CREO CX250 magenta superimposed wrong

Discussion in 'Xerox Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by vlaros, Oct 2, 2011.

1. vlaros

vlaros Member

Hi all,

I'm the owner of a Docucolor 240 with CREO CX250. Recently the following flaw appeared:
    - when printing a document from the computer, all the colors are printed correctly but the magenta which seems not to superimpose correctly (the magenta is printed over the correct point with a 1-2mm and it's printed like an EKG)

Did anyone have such a problem?

We've contacted the local XErox representative and after scratching their heads for 3 weeks:confused:, they sent CREO to their headquarters in Bucharest (scratched their heads again:confused: ) and they came up with the following diagnosys: The RIP board from the CREO is defect more exactly the FusionXD board.

I tend not to trust this diagnosis of these guys (as they tries in every way to BS us in the past to get money from us) as, according to what I've read over the internet, the RIP board from CREO is it is defect does not send any document for printing to Docucolor. Or in my case the document is printed but the magenta is not printed correctly.

Please, please tell me if you encountered such a problem and what is the solution for it or any other idea is most welcomed.

Thanks.

2. xfactor printing

xfactor printing Senior Member

If you copy a test chart on the machine itself (copy rather than printing through the RIP) does the magenta come out ok or does it still show the defect? At least then you can narrow it down to the Creo or the Xerox.

3. vlaros

vlaros Member

If I copy or scan the magenta looks perfectly ok. Only when printing, the magenta does not superimpose ok, it comes out like fuzzy lines at 1-2mm above the place it should be.

Thanks.

please help

4. vlaros

vlaros Member

I've run the diagnostics on my CREO CX250 and it seems everything works fine.

Please give me some suggestions.

Thanks in advance I'm pretty desperate as I'm not producing anthing on the machine for about 1 month.

Attached Files:

5. xfactor printing

xfactor printing Senior Member

Can you post a scan or a small crop of a print showing the magenta registration problem?

6. vlaros

vlaros Member

Hi,

sorry for the delay in responding.

Please see attached the prints:confused::mad:

thanks in advance but I really need help

Attached Files: