Cuts in blankets

Discussion in 'Ryobi Printing Presses' started by Printerforlife, May 24, 2011.

1. Printerforlife

Printerforlife Member

I run a 3304ha and we print many differant size paper and thickness. When i run large quantites of thick paper my blankets get cuts in them. Is there any trick that people know that would help this issue. I don't want to change blankets I am happy with the ones i use.

2. tim enigma

tim enigma Senior Member

what blankets do you run? i really like the actual ryobi blankets. they are spendy but good. the only thing i can suggest is to just run as minimal pressure you can but still keep print quality. also if there is a lot of paper dust, powder, sizing building up at the sheet edge, wipe it off more frequently. dont let it build up. also, we only ran 2 sizes on ours 8.5 x 11 and what ever the biggest size is you can run on it. 12x18, or 11x17 i think, i forget. if this is a posibility for you i suggest you do that also. just my .02 cents
    tim

3. HPC

HPC Senior Member

We run a 3 ply on our webs, granted its not the same as a Ryobi, but the concept applies. If you can change to a 3 ply, they tend to take more of a beating. Our one press can't run em and on long runs if they aren't wiped down or there is a lot of piling, your gonna be changing a blanket soon.

4. FSA

FSA Senior Member

Printerforlife
    Our Ryobi is running "David M" 4ply, lots of size changes and lots of water when wiping the blankets, they last up to a year.
    FSA

5. Aza

Aza New Member

Sounds like too much pressure, maybe you should check your impression nip, I have often found that my pressure dials are set incorrectly.

6. saso777

saso777 Senior Member

Check your pressure usually that is the solution to your problem.