Custom 14.33x26 bypass transport trays.

Discussion in 'Xerox iGen3, iGen4, & iGen5 Digital Presses' started by LeeB, Feb 21, 2013.

1. LeeB

LeeB Senior Member

So I have heard stories of guys making custom bypass transport trays to deliver their max 26 inch paper. I was wondering if anybody had any pictures or plans that they could share with me.

We are looking to make something for 13x26 inch 60# text weight paper. My main concern is the sheet flipping when it comes out an causing a train wreck.

Thoughts?

2. peels

peels tree killer :)

i didnt know an Igen could even print that big...so you are already ahead of me... :)

make an angled tray (angled down away from exit. fashion "guides" out of plastic strapping.

I have one for my DP180 made of cardboard and strapping -works decent. 26 inches will be tougher the lighter the paper gets...

3. LeeB

LeeB Senior Member

Oh its a real treat let me tell you, It does not register for crap, and of course being able to run 3 up on a sheet gives the higher ups a tingly feeling inside. (less click charges) I miss the old days when I could send it to the stacker and go home. Now I have to sit here and baby sit it wasting my life away.

4. MarkD

MarkD Senior Member

Get a 150. That has the 660mm stacker :)

--
    Mark