Cpc 1.04 light pen how to use

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by KostasKost, May 23, 2023.

1. KostasKost

KostasKost New Member

Hello we have a CD 102 4 L 96 model That came with a light pen. It was in a drawer and never used. Yesterday I connected to the console because I was curious how it works and if it's more convinient to use it but I didnt manage to do something. Do I need to take more actions than just connecting it?

2. Jack liston

Jack liston Senior Member

Yes you need to select unit then select fine or coarse display in pre set start with pen ️ right side of console touch pen to little lite on ink keys

3. turbotom1052

turbotom1052 Senior Member

The pen is used to write ink zone settings into the consoles on board memory. After writing each unit into memory you must then send the settings from the memory to the ink fountains. The steps needed to do this are very specific, and would best be demonstrated in person. Find someone close to you familiar with the process, and let them demo it to you. Even if you have to pay someone to teach you ,I would consider it worth any reasonable cost, as it will allow you to save a good bit of time per make ready!!!