Cost Per Clicks on Konica Minolta, Ricoh, Canon, Xerox etc.

Discussion in 'Other Digital Presses' started by discountprintingservice, Nov 9, 2015.

1. discountprintingservice

discountprintingservice Senior Member

Would like to know what the going rate is for color click charges on newer Konica Minolta, Ricoh or similar brand production equipment, less than 3 year old and including any 2015/2016 new model installs...

Spoke with another printer who I made friends with over the weekend (who I will keep anonymous) and he is running a brand new Xerox (not iGen) and is paying less than $0.03 per click for any size and no monthly minimums to meet but after visiting him and his shop I believe his monthly volume is huge. Don't know what his machine payment is, didn't think to ask.

Currently I have a KM machine and pay 0.065 per click for color 8.5x11 but, even though I am a print for pay, KM dealer refuses to count 11x17 or 12x18 as 1 click so I pay double for those sizes...Currently I try to put anything less than 500 single images on the KM, including any color copy type work of multiple pages per set, and we don't do any variable data. Anything else I do on offset to keep what would be any click charges paid out in my pocket.

Is this a bad way of thinking by trying to keep click charge costs in my pocket by printing most jobs on offset when feasible?

My average client spends about $1300 per year with us with some clients as high as $20K to $30K per year.

All of my entire shop equipment is paid for (have never financed anything - just bought good used equipment for pennies on dollar during economic downturn as other shops closed or went all digital) except I do lease my KM. We are very well equipped to handle about 97% of our work from concept to completion.

Trying to see if I am really hurting my profits or growth or if I am maximizing them by keeping as much $$$ in house as possible....

2. discountprintingservice

discountprintingservice Senior Member

Also, thought I would add that I am thinking of putting it out to a formal written bid request to see what kind of competitive bids I get from the major digital production press vendors based on my required written specifications based very similar to what my friend has done.