control panel is off | aspirator fans always at full speed | washing process stops

Discussion in 'DI Presses' started by EHM, Jul 11, 2013.

1. EHM

EHM New Member

Hi
    I bought very recently a QMDI Plus
    and I think I have 3 major problems

1. the RDI control panel does not light up once the press is turned on ... sometimes goes for days without problems ... and sometimes will not come ON at all ... I took by hand ... piece by piece all the jacks all contacts with contact spray to clean them ... sometimes wants to start but sometimes NOT at all ... command table is OFF does not turn on at all ... appears an error on the screen ... " Connection Error, Must Reboot " ... and when I try to go into the inking menu ... I receive the following error ... " EAM Communication ERROR " ... none of the buttons on the control panel will function ... and the operator cannot use the panel

???

2. fan problems ... aspirator fans (4 aspirators)
    while in IDLE phase the QMDI fans ... the 4 fans ... should work at low speed ... this does not happen ... all 4 are always at full speed
    I visited other QMDI machines ... and their aspirator fans do not behave like this

???

3. after burning plates ... the washing process stops at some point ... and from what I noticed is because the pressure drops ... I found some posts about this problem ... I will try them ... hope to solve the problem

???

PS : does anyone have a service manual in English for QMDI Plus ... pretty please help me ... would be to save lives and nerves ... :)

THX

2. Marc Bremer

Marc Bremer Senior Member

I will have a manual for you.

3. EHM

EHM New Member

many thanks Marc
    I do not know the limits on attachments here in the forum
    so I will give you my email : info@ehm.ro

4. mc8305

mc8305 Member

Hello Romania :)

1) The problem is that the EAM board (board on the top, facing down) is not getting 24v.
    This board should have 24v coming in to the X1 connector (4 pin connecter) Please measure this!
    If it’s getting 24 volts, the EAM board is bad (not likely)
    If it’s not getting 24 volts, next step is to check the 24 volts at pin 4 of the X51 connecter on the SVK3 board.
    The SVK3 could be defective. (seen before)

2) Are you absolutely sure they are running full speed, then they are really loud!
    Have you triede the special function channel 073 to toggle them on/off? If they speed up, then they are not running full speed all the time.
    According to my information they should be running at low speed when idle and printing, but maybe Jan can confirm this?
    Jan, could it be firmware dependant? (newer machines running more RPM on the amateks in idle, than older ones?)

3) You got an air leak somewhere probably in one or more plate washers.
    Run the washers one at a time watching the preassure gauge, until you find the offending washer(s)
    Listen closely to what the machine is doing when the preassure drops, releasing and advancing the washing cloth or washing the plate withe pressure on the top piece? Have you checked the quick connectores with air pressure on the washers and the side door open?
    Be methodical and you wil find it eventually!

MC

5. EHM

EHM New Member

:) hello hello my dear " viking " ... here we meet again ... this time virtual :)

I hope tomorrow to solve this problem once and for all ... with the RDI control panel ...
    I also talked / email to Jan ... and he gave same advice as you ... to sold those 2 red wires from X7 directly to SVK3 board
    I'll do that tomorrow ... hope I can handle it ... if not will talk on the phone

The SVK3 could be defective. (seen before) - if damaged how much would it cost ... I have not started making money with my QMDI and I already have costs of repairs

PS : same problem ... I could use a service manual so I can see the jacks / connectors ... to see that everything is ok put in place ... I hope eventually someone will help me with a service manual in English