Constant Jams in Stacker 2

Discussion in 'Xerox iGen3, iGen4, & iGen5 Digital Presses' started by Kiran04, Oct 24, 2014.

1. Kiran04

Kiran04 Senior Member

Stacker 2 on my iGen3 no longer runs properly. When I look inside while it's running, all the rolls and idlers seem to be turning, but the paper jams right at the end before it reaches the cart. It behaves differently than stacker 1 in that the paper does not seem to stop when it hits area 3, so when it hits area 4 it's going too fast and mashes up. The strange thing is, when area 4 is left open, the thing works fine. The paper doesn't mash up under the area 4 paper path and moves smoothly to the cart. I don't know what the deal is. Any ideas?

2. MarkD

MarkD Senior Member

Timing of the three drive roll lift idlers may be out. They need to be set up in psp diagnostics

--
    Mark

3. Kiran04

Kiran04 Senior Member

Would you happen to know the NVM numbers I'm looking for in the diagnostics?

4. MarkD

MarkD Senior Member

No NVM's. It a setup using DC330 and a manual adjustment of the timing disks

--
    Mark

5. Neess

Neess Senior Member

we often see this on some of our stackers, usually just clean the sensors with compressed air or a wipe cloth..

6. Neess

Neess Senior Member

actually we never had to adjust any timing on any machines, always just dirty sensors.

7. Eric.Albion

Eric.Albion Member

Go to Administration, and look at your recent Faults. If you see XOS-11-5510 or XOS-11-1043 (LE Late to VGT Sensor) then you might have a belt that has jumped out of alignment.

This has been happening to my stacker after every time I run large quantities of thick stock. The fix is to call in a technician, they will have you try to clean the sensor first. I would love to learn how to fix the belt myself, because we run a job that makes the belt jump about once a month.