Console Won't Boot

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by csearles, May 5, 2022.

1. csearles

csearles New Member

20220505_090155.jpg 20220505_091617.jpg 20220505_091629.jpg 2006 Heidelberg CD-102 was running fine last night. Came in this morning and the console won't boot. Initially we get a cmd window that appears with the message:

COM3 open: 2000
    Wait for client ...

That runs until it seemingly times out, then the boot screen shows until we get errors that seem to indicate a memory leak somewhere (system is low on virtual memory). Finally, we get runtime errors from applsrvd.exe that "the application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way". Press seems to function and communicates with the parts of the console that don't require the touchscreen.

Press is currently dead in the water, any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi ;
    This error message is normal when the computer has the virtual memory set to a custom size that is too small and the amount of memory being requested by software programs exceeds that amount.

you increase the size of the paging file to get rid of the virtual memory error message.

1. Head to Control Panel > System and Security > System.
    2. Select Advanced System Settings to open your System Properties. Now open the Advanced tab.
    3. Under Performance, select Settings. Open the Advanced tab. Under Virtual memory, select Change. Here are your Virtual Memory options.

3. csearles

csearles New Member

Thanks for your response. I know how to increase the virtual memory settings on a regular machine but this is the console running Win XP embedded, touchscreen only (no keyboard or mouse) and the whole problem I'm describing is that it never actually boots, it hangs on the Print Center load screen. The virtual memory issue only appears to be a symptom, not the cause. I think while it's hanging there, whatever function isn't exiting is creating a memory leak that causes the crash and the memory issue.

4. Sandeep kumar

Sandeep kumar Senior Member

Yes you are right, to increase memory you must get into operating system. And you can not go into OS until it boots

5. ashok kumar

ashok kumar Senior Member

Hi
    Friend
    This problem belongs to windos (oem) .
    In this case no one feild engineer have administrator password.
    Only option is to change the hdd.
    Or you can try to boot the system on disk 2 only by changing the dip switch on the ipc.
    Pls confirm the ipc details (mc/mc2/mc3/mc4/mc5/mc7) .
    I can supply new hdd kit if you required.
    +919818492864