Connection problems > Fiery EX12 with CWS

Discussion in 'Xerox Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by Vince66, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Vince66

Vince66 New Member

Please help !!!

I have a Xerox DC12 with Fiery RIP and everything is OK with network and printing. When I go to Firefox and write IP address of the printer, the WebTools everything is OK. WebSpool show print jobs and everything is OK, work fine.

Now What's wrong is that I have three computers and three installed Fiery Command Workstation application. On one computer installed version CWS 4.0, CWS 4.6 on the second and third last version CWS 5th Neither one of the three computers can not connect to the printer via the EFI Command Workstation application:confused:. The aplication finds printer (EX-12) with Auto Search, but when I try to get him either as Administrator (i try 11111, Fiery.1, 00000...), Operator, or Guest :)mad:), CWS not let me in.

What to do, please help me, I almost three days looking for a solution ...

2. k_graham

k_graham Senior Member

While your RIP has a password if using a monitor to enter operating system, normally Command Workstation does not, unless its been set. So you would want to log on as Administrator so you can change things but you should try leaving password field blank. I'm not sure if you will manage to use CWS5 but you should be able to use the 4 versions.

If your RIP is enabled for using a computer and keyboard I recommend it, if your not sure - give it a try.

If the above was not the solution try the EFI command workstation forum they set up with the launch of 5, I placed on next line.

http://bit.ly/dbFkT9

Ken Communityprinters.com

Last edited: Feb 18, 2010
  3. Vince66

Vince66 New Member

Thx for reply, but I try to login like Guest and CWS give me a mesage "wrong password"
    Everything was working before we reinstal windows computers, and now we print normaly,
    but we cant see jobs in CWS .... WWWHHHHYYYY?????