COMPLETE NOVICE! Paper feed issues - straight path recommendation

Discussion in '8 ½ x 11 Color Laser Printers' started by stolpis100, Mar 14, 2012.

1. stolpis100

stolpis100 New Member

Hello,

I recently started a small online business up printing stickers and address labels and have now come against paper feed accuracy issues. Placement of the print on the page varies per print, and when printing small stickers or labels accuracy makes all the difference. I am currently using a small Dell Laser/LED printer as I do not have the budget for anything really expensive right now. I have had a few of them and they all suffer from the exact same issue. I also went for a higher model (1350cnw) which had a separate feeder, but this was of no real help.

Can anyone offer me some advice on a budget laser printer that has a straight path feed with good accuracy. I might be able to find funds to stretch to a higher level printer if the costs can be recouped in the not too distant future. I am also painfully aware that I may be completely wasting my time with a Dell laser printer due to the replacement toner costs, so any sound advice would be greatly appreciated here.

2. niklaus

niklaus Member

Hi!

You might want to consider continuous laser printers. These printers are suitable for production prints of high quality laser finish. They are superior in terms of tight registration.

These laser printers also provide straight paper path technology with pin-feed tractors for high paper control and accuracy. It is also suitable for unattended production runs, since they have that power stacking capability.