Compare heatset web press, M600, Man Roland, KBA, Komori

Discussion in 'Web-Presses' started by PJPJ, Apr 8, 2020.

1. PJPJ

PJPJ New Member

I'm looking for a heatset web press with auto plate and auto wash to print a book. Some suggest M600 over Man Roland and KBA, Komori. Anyone has experience? I would like to have an opinion about print quality, speed, setup time and maintenance. Thanks,

2. Tlang

Tlang Member

What kind of book are you trying to print? Are you trying to print magazines? 4 color process? More information on the products you're trying to produce would give the information as to what press to pick. The M600 is a great press and they made a bunch of them so aftermarket parts are available at reasonable costs. Same can be said about ManRoland Rotomans

3. PJPJ

PJPJ New Member

We print coated paper textbook and some commercial direct mail, 4 colors process. I'm looking for 630mm cut off, 1 roll with auto plate, auto wash and register control.

Tlang likes this.
  4. Tlang

Tlang Member

Then an M600 is the way to go, easy to find one in the used market, parts are easy to obtain. I currently operate an older model M600, obtains speeds of 50k/hr. Newer models run a little faster. As long as you take care of it they're dependable presses and print an excellent dot. JF 50 and JF 55 folders are dependable, if you purchase a sheeter with it then you can't go wrong with a Vits. Best of luck hope I was helpful

PJPJ likes this.
  5. PJPJ

PJPJ New Member

Thank you very much for your advice. Which year is your M600? Is M600 around the year 2000-2005 still ok?

6. PJPJ

PJPJ New Member

I would like to ask one more question. How different is M600-A24, M600-B24 and M600-C24?

7. Tlang

Tlang Member

It's a 99 model. Ours is a B- model with standard 22.25" cut-off. The difference between the A, B, and C has to do with the dampening system and top speed of the press. I think all of them can be gotten in different cutoffs too, 21",22.25", and 23.57". I remember working with a guy who had previously worked on an 01 model with the autoplate and the 23.57" cutoff. Said that press ran great.

8. Brad Ulstead

Brad Ulstead New Member

I ran an M600 that was made in 2003. Great press. I also ran a Man Roland heatset web Mark IV, 2010. Both great presses. If I had to pick which one was more efficient, I would pick the M600. It just ran better. I love german presses.

9. ballykea

ballykea Senior Member