Communication error on komori lithrone 428 year, 2003 model

Discussion in 'Komori Printing Presses' started by Pressfix, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Pressfix

Pressfix New Member

Please can anyone help with a solution to the communication error on lithrone 428. The machine was newly installed and was tested printed after the installation, we have all functions working fine, but the machine was coming from France, so we decided to change the language by re-installing KMS 4 the English version from the cd that came with the machine. After the installation of the English version we noticed that we can't send ink profiles to the ink keys anymore after that we noticed that the ink distributor failed on all the units the icon is not responding on the PQC. On the screen we have the red communication error always at the bottom of the screen always. thanks as I awaits ur fast and quick response

2. presselectronics

presselectronics Senior Member

Check your settings with Alt+Print Screen in KMS. Make sure you have the correct settings, press type, PQC type, units, etc. Then make sure the comm settings are correct. Usually we set the com ports to 5,6,3,4 but your press may be different. Is a PQC1 or IV ? Do you have AMR? On a 28" AMR would be AMRII. PQCI uses one KMS comm port to talk to the press and the other to talk to the PQC. Usually the KMS will default to a 4 color 40" press. It is up to you to match the comm setting to what you actually have.

3. Pressfix

Pressfix New Member

Thanks for the reply, still need more information on the communication error on the lithrone 428, and the ink distribution not coming up on all the units. I would appreciate if anyone has the normal data the com pot setting, also the setting for the customer network for the lithrone 428 2003 model or any additional information that will help solve the fault. Thanks

4. Meny

Meny Senior Member

cxontact by phone

If you have internet connection i can log on and sort it out for you by remote

Good luck

5. Pressfix

Pressfix New Member

Goodday all, thanks for the information on the communication error on the Lithron 28, the communication error is gone, but I can't still print because the ink ductor on the control panels on all unit not coming on when printing and also on the PQC it's not coming on. All other things comes up but it's just the ink ductor that is not working. I want to know if there is an electronic control or special plc that controls the ink doctor . Thanks

6. Meny

Meny Senior Member

so is your KMS now connected to the press ?

A short word could be in place like.....Thank you :)

upload screen shots of your operation screens so we can know your settings - are you sure your operation is correcxt ?

If you are set right , it could be a problem of settings in the back screens or you could have an installation problem - are all air hoses conected correctly ?

7. klecman

klecman Senior Member

I received the following by email but have limited knowledge of the KMS. Perhaps one of the more knowledgeable people on the forum can help.

"Am Segun the electrical engineer on the komori lithrone 28, the ink ductor was working fine before we did the re-installation of the KMS, and the reason why we have to re-install the KMS was because of the operating system of the computer was in French so we had to reinstall to English. after that reinstallation we noticed that the ink ductor was not working,
    I want u to look at the problem from the machine setup also, because at the set up I found that the machine type is not correct, the information about the ink keys shows 30 ink keys and we have just 23 ink keys also the sheet size also shows that of lithrone L40 size not for L28.
    How can we get the correct set up for the machine, because it's requires information on the machine type, type of KMS and AMR and other things."

8. Meny

Meny Senior Member

This is what i think

At first - i spent hours on the network in connection to this press to help , and i have learned that the guy has no knowledge of Komori but he is technical.
    when i needed him to tell me what 422/485 card was in fact on the KMS PC he did it very fast , same with installing the missing draiver for that card.
    But i , who normally feel good for helping , feel bad....

He did nit have the Time to say a simple THANK YOU , and as you understand i did not charge him even one cent for my time

Now comes the next problem and i look at what i have onthe table and say the following - the party asking for help is n printer . he is a technical guy being paid to install a press and has no clue.
    OK , no problem with that , but this only makes the THANK you word more in place as i am working for him to help him get paid. yet for free.....

I had the same with a press in Europe and a bunch of computer guys who wanted to save money on experts - questions question questions , but never a small thank you for the time (and it had to be during his working hours with no flex to mine.....)

What you guys think could change the way i help people over the net.

As for the PROBLEM - KMS has nothing to do with ink duct rollers not working.
    press can fully work without KMS , so or the press was not installed well (and the tech guy asking is protecting his work) or the problem is not clear on the table or some one does not know what & how to ask.

But . why bother , if he can't say a simple THANK you for your time.....????

Meny

9. bennie

bennie New Member

hi also check the contacts on the scanning head had the same com probleme just give the contacts a good clean can even give it a light scrub wit someting abrasive be carefull

10. presselectronics

presselectronics Senior Member

I am not sure what the PDC-S has to do with the ink ductor or the KMS? Wrong thread maybe?
    The KMS does not control the ink ductor. There is a manual push button switch at the unit. There is a seperate plate with push buttons and thumbwheel selector, usually on the PQC, to set interval. So, do they work manually? Is the problem just in auto? Is it an interval problem? Does the light come on at the unit push button? *Note, auto will not work if cylinder preset is ON. Also most interval problems have to do with the connections from the PQC to the delivery electrical cabinet.