Colour conversion Acrobat Pro DC

Discussion in 'Color Management' started by MJ81, Dec 13, 2019.

1. MJ81

MJ81 New Member

In short, I've set up some preflight fixups in Acrobat that convert ICC profiles, ranging from Fogra 39L - 47L. I receive PDFs with so many variations I just wanted a quick fix solution to get these files through the next stage of our workflow which essentially cross-references the ICC in the PDF against the publication.

All seems to work fine, however some profiles have specific TAC i.e. 270, 280, 300% but the conversion doesn't appear to honour this limit in Acrobat, is this correct or have I messed up a setting somewhere.

Here's the settings used for conversion https://paste.pics/7I62C

Any help or advice is much appreciated.

2. Biggs

Biggs Senior Member

The TAC would be specific to the output device, no? I wouldn't imagine a TAC conversion would have much (if any) difference on the output of the image. Your output device should apply the appropriate TAC setting based on how your output profile was made - IE the best density required to replicate the source profile. This would cause a difference from one print device to the next, but your personal color redundancy shouldn't be affected.

I can't see the specifics of your conversion or the profiles you've made, but from an Acrobat standpoint, I would say you've done your due diligence. Have you ever considered adding pitstop to your arsenal of color management? if you haven't already done so. You can gather a lot more information about specific, graphic element color spaces and rendering intent.