Colorspan 72 uvr

Discussion in 'Large Format Inkjet Printers' started by jajator, Sep 27, 2011.

1. jajator

jajator Member

Anybody knows error 011000002 ? I already changed the encoder, and I imagine it might be electrostatic electricity, but before trying anythin else I'd like to be sure if possible. It loks like it stops more or less depending on weather....

Thanks in advance.

I take care on my own of the printer, so I might be of help with some problems.

Alex

2. OnyxTalk

OnyxTalk New Member

That error is an LVDS Board Error, specifically 'LVDS Lost Lock' (though I can't say exactly what that means). They have an LVDS Troubleshooting Guide which they emailed to me years back when I still had my ColorSpan 72s (the fraternal twin brother to yours). I'm sure I've still got it if you're interested.

Scott

3. jajator

jajator Member

Somebody else answered me in another forum that i fact the main problem could be electrostatical, but it could be due ANY cause (bad cable connection in an engine, or whatever....): In fact, luckily, after looking at the 72 with my better eyes from a couple of setps far, I just decided to change the big connection box that's connecting the main power to the couple of current cable of the 72 and put it right on the floor instead of on a metal plate in the machine. Can u believe the in a week, the machine is working without any stop?.............
    If it's possible, It would be wreat anyway to receive any information about the machine. Never know what will happen.....
    My mail is mata@kaos.es, and many thanks in advance.
    Alex

4. Alpha460

Alpha460 New Member

any chance you are interested in buying a 72UVR for parts??? 4 of our jets need to be replaced and I just could not afford the service contract anymore with HP!

bmilligan@alphagrahics.com

5. jajator

jajator Member

When I need, I'll contact you. Luckily, qhen HP buyed Colorspan I made an order of spare parts just in case.

6. jajator

jajator Member

Anybody knows the brand and exact type of printheads on colorspan 72 UVR? I think the can be Hitachi gen3-E1, but I'm afraid that's not exact. ANy help?

7. Blues

Blues New Member

Please help
    Anybody knows error on colorspan 72UVR
    CODE 0230E001
    Media feed Encoder Error

8. jajator

jajator Member

Time ago I had a problem with that.
    There`s an encoder in the carcass that rolls and unrolls the media when charging it or printing. Probably is damaged. As far as I know I had to change all the carcass (not very difficult) that is screwed to the machine body. Maybe the problem will be the price of it. If u don't find any, let me know.

9. Blues

Blues New Member

if someone has this part - motors with encoder for Media
    I think must go set - bouth motor with encoders - I do not see how just replaced the encoder

10. jajator

jajator Member

I have a spare machine i bought. i could check and agree a price. Check first that you need to change the full block. That's what I would dismount and send if it was the case.

Alex

11. Blues

Blues New Member

12. jajator

jajator Member

Already answered you in other forum. Feel free to contact me for the piece to change.
    By the way, any spare new printheads yo sell? I'd need a couple very soon.

Alex

13. Blues

Blues New Member

I have not found your answer on another forum
    how to contact you?

14. jajator

jajator Member

Here is ok.

The point is that I have a spare machine. So if u want, we agree a price, send you pictures to be sure, and that’s it. If I’m not wrong, It wsan’t much difficult to mount the full carcass.

No idea of price. Still checking with my provider.

If you want, also use wazzap on +34 6700825222 or mail mata@kaos.es

See u later,

Alex