Color " scraping/ Rubbing " running offset coated papers

Discussion in 'Xerox iGen3, iGen4, & iGen5 Digital Presses' started by Avishay, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Avishay

Avishay New Member

Hello everyone ,
    We have IGEN 150 Matte toner
    We have "scraping color"mostly on offset papers .
    Light rubbing of paper to paper- You can see spots of color .
    It seems like there is not enough heat , or there is not enough pressure in FUSER rolls

Running digital media I rarely see a problem
    Do you have an idea?
    Thank you very much

Avishay

2. Swifty2

Swifty2 Senior Member

do not know about your machine, but some brands of gloss will not fuse with on our igen4 no matter what settings are run!!

3. Neess

Neess Senior Member

This is normal for us.. we mostly run on offset stock.

4. peels

peels tree killer :)

I use almost 100% offset paper designed for presses.
    i dont have that problem at all really. Even gloss paper. I use 8pt, 10pt pretty regularly. And I use 14pt WEEKLY.
    I say, if you DO... your substrate settings aren't right. Or something wrong in the fuser.
    Depends on the paper.

are you saying the back of the paper is offsetting onto another sheet? that bad juju. I DID have that happen once on vinyl static cling sheets.
    our company decided no longer to do them digitally. Turned out, they were fused fine, until they hit a mail truck in Texas in august. and turned to mush.

5. Swifty2

Swifty2 Senior Member

LMAOF ...just had this problem show up this morning...the tech said it was a software glitch and for whatever reason the igen would not accept the paper setting programed for a particular stock LOL, tried gloss text it ran,gloss cover worked Matt gloss cover.. setting did not take,....very odd problem!!!! our tech got it to run but is scratching his head on how or why