color laser for a dusty area?

Discussion in 'Canon Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by killface, Feb 9, 2009.

1. killface

killface New Member

Hello

I am hoping to find a good recommendation on a color laser printer that can handle a very dusty environment. So far I have just had one (hp2605dn) but the mirrors inside would dust up and need to be cleaned on a very regular basis. I have also heard the design of that particular printer wasn't much help keeping dust out either.

Basically I print small to medium copies on a not so regular basis. but my shop gets very very dusty. the printer is in the office but you just cant stop the amount of sawdust and debris that makes its way through.

I need something that can handle that environment and I don't know who to ask:confused:

2. Xirc

Xirc Member

How about creating a small room that has positive pressure with filtered incoming fan/ac air for computers and printers?

3. xplor3

xplor3 New Member

I was really hoping someone would have a HELPFUL answer for this question. Obviously if we were able to create a dust free environment we would. Since that is NOT AN OPTION we would prefer to know about brands/printers that seem to operate well within fairly dusty environs.

Thanks