Color consistency among different laser printers

Discussion in 'Other Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by PrinterLP, Jan 22, 2008.

1. PrinterLP

PrinterLP New Member

I am relatively new to the printing/design world and working in a print shop that uses Okis, Ikons, and Dells (along with two canon inkjets, but I'm not too worried about them right now).

I would like to expand the number of colors that we offer, but the process of getting all of the printers to print the same hues is becoming maddening and I know that there must be an easier way. I am printing from Adobe InDesign. Here is my current system:

The Okis are the most commonly used printers, so I use InDesign, picked a variety of colors that looked good, and printed them all out.

Then, I take this same document and print it on the other machines.

Because there are inevitably variations between what comes out of my Oki when I input (C:54 M:5 Y:100 K:0) and what comes out of my Ikon when I use those same values, I then go color by color and just use trial and error to try and come up with the closest possible match.

Obviously, this is a time-consuming and frustrating process. Is there software that can assist with this process or could anyone just share a process that you've used before?

I would really appreciate any help! Thank you!