Color changes on editable text when imposed

Discussion in 'Canon imagePRESS Digital Presses' started by Moonshadow, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Moonshadow

Moonshadow New Member

Is someone already see this problem when imposing document providing directly from InDesign or QuarkXPress?

Actually, if my text is light orange it will be printed as a burnt orange. I have tried many ways to solve the problem. I did create outline on the specific text and guess what... the color was perfect!

Do someone know how to solve this Command Workstation 4 problem?

Thank you!

2. LarryH

LarryH New Member

This sounds like the screening issue I have brought up with Canon already. First, if you look at the text under a glass is it halftoned (or screened using whichever method you use) or does it look like toner was just "sprayed" on in different densities? If it is the second try switching to 600 from 1200 dpi print in your printing preferances.

If this fixes it it has to do with the way the fiery manages type. It is supposed to help make the type look crisper. The downside is what you are seeing major color shifting. The switching to 600 dpi is one answer the other being what you did and change all type to vector art (change to outlines or convert to paths). Hope this helps!

3. Moonshadow

Moonshadow New Member

Thank you for the information! We will try it now!

We'll send you a feedback if something wrong.