Color Calibration

Discussion in 'DI Presses' started by V-P, Jan 4, 2012.

1. V-P

V-P Member

We recently bought a DI Pro with Delta 7.

Printed images need an increase of 20-25% in magenta & yellow in order to become "selleable".

Already did a 60% screen and corrected the diodes to make them even.
    We have a densitometer in our shop and as standard we use the EuroScale Coated V2.

From what I could understand on the User manual, there is a curve correction done from the Press Computer. But I believe there must be a Color Calibration from the RIP also.

So my question is : How do you guys calibrate your presses ?

Also if someone has CD-s of the Delta 7 ?

Thnx in advance !

2. Marc Bremer

Marc Bremer Senior Member

In the press you can adjust the ken-line (a correction of the precalculated inksettintigs) for each color and different paper types.

My press is adjusted according to ISO Standerd (Send calibration file and rip with no adjustments).

Print and measure solid area until the desired values. Measure the screen values and give them in in the rip. Apply ISO wanted curve. and rip calibration file again with the desired settings. If you print it again and solid area's are ok then 40% in testfile should measure around 53% on paper for CMY and 56% for K (on coated paper).

For calibration uncoated paper follow same procedure.

3. V-P

V-P Member

Thanks Marc !

I have tried the calibration from Rip but smth is not right.
    Either the rip does not have the calibration option activated or it is me being a sutpid a**.

Anyone has a PDF version of a user manual for Delta 7 ? Or a step by step how to calibrate ?
    I get till a certain point but than nothing happens.

thnx...