Color Calibrating on QMDI

Discussion in 'DI Presses' started by impressed, Jun 20, 2013.

1. impressed

impressed Member

The colour on our QMDI is quite inaccurate:

(a possible aside...My biggest issue is the black, I can slam the ink on and it just doesn't get nice and solid, wondering if it's a dot issue, aside from the fact that DI's are known to struggle with solids - mine hardly seems saleable - I have checked my ink stripes).

It seems as though the way it rips is the colour you get, tweaking the ink keys doesn't seem to work too well if the initial settings don't produce close to an accurate color.

I'd like to know if there's a relatively easy way to tweak the calibration from the rip end of things to get more accurate color. I'm running Printect Metadimension 7.5 software, I do have the manuels, which I've just started scanning through, but thought someone might have some quick tips/workaround.

Many thanks, Korey

2. Marc Bremer

Marc Bremer Senior Member

Get your solids right first and than adjust settings in rip if neccesary (what brand of ink, blankets roomthemp. you are using.)

3. impressed

impressed Member

Yeah, the problem is that I can't get the solid blacks to where I need them to be.

I'm using Heidelberg Saphira Ink. I've tried Toyo MZ but it seemed duller. The temperature is around 21 degrees Celsius. The blankets are stamped by Heidelberg, say 3700 on them.

4. Marc Bremer

Marc Bremer Senior Member

Very large black area's on a DI can be a problem, I always used used an extra c,m and y to large area's of black. 21 degrees celcius is OK. Toyo MZ is one off the best ink you can get. If you run large solid area's what are your inkkey and fountanroller setting and what density you are measuring.

5. Hopkins

Hopkins Member

Just want to make all DI uswr aware there is the VIm plate on the market and it is producing top notch work at a great price. Please contact info@digipressfinder.com for more details.
    Thanks Steve

6. seanryder

seanryder Member

Have your designers set up large solid blacks as what we call "rich black".. cmyk mix of 40-40-40-100.