Clot of spray powder in delivery unit

Discussion in '4-Color Offset Presses +' started by 0019, Feb 11, 2008.

1. 0019

0019 New Member

We have found clot of spray powder in delivery unit. It is adhere to everywhere in unit. And it is falling into printed sheet sometime.

Does anyone found this problem before? Please suggest me how to correct this problem.

Attached Files:

2. mrheidelberg

mrheidelberg Senior Member

Hi,

Regular cleaning of the delivery will help, once the initial powder removal has been done, keeping on top of it will be much easier.
    What type and grade of powder are you using ?

Regards.

3. 0019

0019 New Member

Thank you mrheidelberg.

We have used Varn C230 Spray Powder. This happen after 2-3 days working and some of it fall into the printed sheet. Normally, we cleaning it 2 times per month.

4. 0019

0019 New Member

After I discuss with Varn again, they informed that it is raw material problem. So, they will send us a new lot of powder and this should not have problem again.

5. bdk

bdk Member

No, I agree with Mr Heidleberg. Regular cleaning, blowing out your delivery unit with compressed air at least every other day at the end of a shift will help your problem.

6. mrheidelberg

mrheidelberg Senior Member

Hi,

Is the humidity level high in the pressroom ??

Regards.

7. turbotom1052

turbotom1052 Senior Member

I agree its all about housekeeping. The only thing i would ad is that its better to use a shopvac with a brush attachment to suck the powder off the delivery grippers as opposed to blowing it off with compressed air. The shopvac option will keep things much cleaner.

8. Greggo

Greggo Member

What are you cleaning the delivery with something oil based? Dry rag and elbow grease maybe some silicone spray to help. We use c 230 in our 10 color and it builds up but cleans easily with a shop vac and air hose.

9. Data

Data Senior Member

All you need is a small paint brush and a vac. forget the compressed air

10. MAXX LEAN

MAXX LEAN New Member

Powder bombs!!! Wow! Thats quite a bit of powder for three days. Excessive powder being applied? We clean the delivery every Monday morning. Every other week we lube the grippers and cam followers.

11. Hitrun

Hitrun Member

Clean press makes for clean product. Also make sure you have good reason for any excess powder being applied. A clean machine makes you and your shop look good.

12. turbotom1052

turbotom1052 Senior Member

Don't underestimate the abrasive action that spray powder has on all the moving parts of you're delivery over the course of time. Not only does a clean delivery make for cleaner work but it also slows down wear over time.