Clogged spray powder line

Discussion in 'Man Roland Printing Presses' started by auchprinting, Dec 5, 2011.

1. auchprinting

auchprinting Senior Member

My spray unit is clogged. It has not been used for a year. I scrapped the tube and found the powder is very hard and mixed with oil.

Any suggestions?

2. justfortoday

justfortoday New Member

i run a quickmaster 46 and i was having that problem so i took the powder bottle off and ran the press with it on to blow out excess powder then I took apart where it comes out of the press and used a paperclip to dig out hard dried powder. hopefully this will help

3. spike

spike Senior Member

auch this is very common on this press the tube and lines shoul be blown out bi weekly
    make sure your compressor air is dry so you dont make matters worse iwould also suggest you use.oxy dry 26c
    as it is coated and wont clog as easily also check that belt for powder unit is not worn if you dont run sheets through
    the press for a year its gonna clog

4. auchprinting

auchprinting Senior Member

I got the powder unit working, blew out the plastic hoses, removed the spray unit where the powder finally comes out. Used an air compressor to blow out. Hooked up, and the lines are still clogged. Is it easier to remove the plastic hoses and replace them, or change the attachment at the end? Move it up closer to the delivery end of the press, so that you can get at the spray bar to clean and eliminate the 2 right angles in the hose? Anyone do a retro fit?

5. spike

spike Senior Member

we replaced the hoses a few years back pain in the *** but will help. the hose is the type with spring inside.also
    when checking to see if lines are clear/ remove powder bar have somebody go under press while somebody else
    holds in test button on powder unit to seeif powder is comming through.we also used a meatal hanger to snake out line as far as we could from both sides of hose than hit again with comppreesd air. if you do replace hoses make sure
    all your connections are super tight no oil leaking in good luck spike/