clear litho vinyl

Discussion in 'Offset Papers & Stocks' started by plotter, Sep 6, 2011.

1. plotter

plotter Senior Member

im looking for a clear sticky vinyl, like youd get on shampoo bottles ect. i need to print 4 col process. These will be on shampoo bottles and used in the bathroom, so has to be waterproof. also do i need special inks or would the normal process set ive got in stock be ok if i use small piles. i have a 2 colour press so i could leave for a while and do in 2 passes.
    any recomendations help would be appeciated. i was going to print and cut on a solvent machine but with the quantity (24000 @ 40mmx90mm) it wouldnt be cost effective.
    thanks in advance people.

2. FSA

FSA Senior Member

plotter
    We use "Sun Chemical" hard dry vyinl ink to print on vyinl, clear I have not used but seen it in the book. Kromkote is the paper used for a M.R. We did a test for our end result had to go into the dishwasher. It passed on printing and holding colour, but the crack'n'peel came off after a couples of washing, ended up using a 3M product that had a better glue backing. The customer was very happy with to 200 line screen over the screen print at 85 lines. Small lift that are about an inch in height, course spray powder is a must, and find your scum point on paper and that should be a touch high for a water setting when printing on vyinl, remember paper soaks up water, vyinl repels.
    FSA