Chiller not working-HELP

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by SunsetRob, Jan 19, 2013.

1. SunsetRob

SunsetRob New Member

Sm52-5 color with coaster in New Jersey-chiller stopped working and the unit is welded shut-anyone know how to fix or service company to call? Thanks SunsetRob

2. nitin77416

nitin77416 Member

is this is cptronic unit? any error on cptronic unit , check voltage supply from machine to chiller .

3. exheidmech

exheidmech Senior Member

What kind of chiller is it?

4. SunsetRob

SunsetRob New Member

Chiller

Hi it is a standard Heidelberg factory chiller for the 5 printing units. It is blowing the fuse and shutting down the press. Our Hvac guy said he thinks it is frozen and needs to be replaced. It is inside a welded sealed unit-it holds 15 gallons. If I cut it open can I replace the unit inside? Or should I buy a royse unit to replace the whole thing. I can't print too well because the water heats up too quick. My company is in NJ if you want to call me. Thanks!

5. SunsetRob

SunsetRob New Member

Chiller Info

The entire unit with the chiller and pumps is made by MG Electric in England and is model Echo 80 hD4-60 . The chiller has a tag on the outside that says Tecumseh model Tfh4525y. Can I buy a chiller to install and still use the pumps and the rest of the unit hooked into the cp 2000 version 034.100-please advise thanks, Rob

6. exheidmech

exheidmech Senior Member

I would go back to the manufacturer as I dont think you will have luck getting parts from Heidelberg. They likely can sell you replacement parts.