Changing the Hydro. oil for a Polar 66

Discussion in 'Cutters and Trimmers' started by VanQuill-Printing, May 11, 2010.

1. VanQuill-Printing

VanQuill-Printing Member

I was wondering if anybody has changed the hydro. oil for there polar 66 cutter. The tech. said it was fairly easy to do if we wanted to do it ourselves and breifly described how to do it. This was over a year ago and i don't really remember all the steps.

2. Coloured paper

Coloured paper Senior Member

Changing the oil is really easy. You just need a pump to get the old oil out of the tank. At the hardware store you will find for sure a pump which is driven by a drilling machine. And you need two houses (2 feet long - each) and two house clips. The last thing you need is an empty container for the old oil. Here in Europe the suppliers take the old oil back (free of charge).
    At the hydraulic tank you will find a round black or red plastic cover. This is the only thing at the tank which you can unscrew by hand and without any tool. After unscrewing and taking it out you see that this is as well an oil level gauge. At the metal stick you have two marks – min. and max.
    At this whole you can take the old oil out.
    Afterwards you fill the new oil in the tank. The 66 (26.4“) need‘s 22.5 Liter. Check the level using the oil level gauge.
    A manual does not really help. It shows you a list of the correct hydraulic oil:
    ARAL Vitam GF 46
    AGIP Oso 46
    BP Energol HLP-HM 46
    CASTROL Hyspin SP 46
    DEA Astron HLP 46
    ESSO Nuto H 46
    ELF Elfolna 46
    FINA Hydran AF 46
    FUCHS Renolin B, rot
    KLÜBER Lamora HLP 46
    MOBIL DTE 25
    SHELL Tellus C 46
    TOTAL Azolla ZS 46
    The only help you get is a picture of the oil level gauge. An instruction for oil change was never made for this machine.

If you do not have the correct operating manual I need the machine number and a Mail address.

Best regards
    Coloured paper

3. Hennie Smit

Hennie Smit New Member

South Africa, Kotzenberg Str B4, Rosslyn , 0200
    Good Day
    Have a Pohlar Mohr Std 115 that I need to change the oil. Notice 2 level checks. 1 equal to top off fly wheel where I can see the opening to fill or drain oil but second on level of electric motor with no apparent opening and gauge at empty. Doe this tank feeds itself from top tank
    Regards