CD 102 1996 Coating Plate

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by KostasKost, Dec 5, 2022.

1. KostasKost

KostasKost New Member

Hello

I am working on a cd 102 and I try to find a diffent solution to do spot coating.For now i am cutting the undersheets(maniles) of the blanket.I have tried to cut the blankets but coat overflow at the edges.
    and now my questions is about coating plates i dont know if i said it right and if its fit my machine.
    sorry for my bad english and thanks in advance

2. Mechanica Speedmaster

Mechanica Speedmaster Member

Hi KostasKost,
    i see our production runs totaly OK with cuted blankets. Where exatly do you have the problems with the coat overflow: on the rear edge of the blanket, on the side of the blanket or on each cuted spot? It would be also helpfuly to know if you have a two roller system coating unit or chamber blade system. You can also send us press model and serial number, with this info i can see your press equipment.
    I hope you have done the basics right:
    - Blanket + underlay sheets= 3,20mm
    - Cut underlay sheets to paper size format
    - Preasure settings between anilox roller or rubber roller (depending on which system you have) and blanket OK?
    If basics are OK, than you have to check the ratchet bearing from the roller drive system.

3. KostasKost

KostasKost New Member

thank you for your reply
    the basic setting are right
    the overflow appears at the edges of the cutted strips at the direction that blanket turns .
    At first we thinked that maybe the
    fluidity of the coat its not right but we tried with differnet supplyer and same happen ,furthermore we mixed the coat with water to make more fluid with the sames results.
    For the specific job its not neccesery to be precice so the cutted underlay sheets its doing fine but for jobs which need more accuracy its problem.

4. KostasKost

KostasKost New Member

i have seen this video on yt but i dont know if its compatible with our 1996 machine but the coating unit look the same .I think will be perfect for precicely spot coating jobs.

5. Mechanica Speedmaster

Mechanica Speedmaster Member

If basics are OK, than you have to check the ratchet bearing from the roller drive system.

6. Adil

Adil Senior Member

hi sir
    for flat varnish work you can use the blanket without any problem except that you must control the clamping pressure with a dynamometric wrench.
    if you have selective varnish work the best way to have a high quality product is to use polymer plates.
    normally the blanket has layers that vary between 4 and 5 different layers and when you cut the rubber layer the selected part becomes fragile and after tightening the blanket the other layers tear which can produce the problem you have
    good luck
    i will send you a picture of blancket texture

7. Adil

Adil Senior Member

This is texture

Attached Files: